Contest Name: Wango Tango Breakout Star
>Minor Consent Form
Station(s): 102.7 KIIS-FM (the “Station”)
Station(s) Address: 3400 West Olive Ave., Suite 550, Burbank, CA 91505
Telephone: (818) 559-2252
As of: February 2, 2009 @ 1:15PM
Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc. its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”) and the Greater Los Angeles Taco Bell Restaurant Owners Advertising Association, will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Description of Contest/Participation.
A. Dates of Contest: The Contest will begin February 23, 2009 and end on or about May 1, 2009.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of entrants and the number of votes received.
B. Entry Guidelines:
Register your music video performance of an original song by logging onto the Station’s website at www.kiisfm.com. Each person who enters the Contest is referred to as a “Contestant.” In addition to the eligibility requirements, each video submitted must contain the entry criteria listed below in order to be an eligible entry of the Contest.
Video Entry Criteria:
Beginning on February 23rd your submission video must meet the following requirements:
- Submit one original song.
- Song should be no longer than 4 minutes in length.
- Video should be NO MORE than 8MB file size.
- Permitted Formats:
- QuickTime (MOV)
- Windows Media Video (WMV)
- It must have a resolution of 320X240
Video must be FCC acceptable, including no use of indecent or obscene material or language. No content or material that is illegal, contains nudity or is sexually explicit, or by law, obscene, profane or pornographic. No content which is abusive or harassing towards any individual or group of individuals regarding race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any legally protected classification. Specifically this includes, but is not limited to, epithets or slurs (such as the “N” word), threats, intimidations, or hostile acts.
The Station reserves the right to reject any entry, in their sole discretion, based on current broadcast standards and other programming and operating practices and policies established by the Station.
Ownership in Video and Licenses Granted
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ARE VERIFYING THAT YOU ARE THE OWNER AND PRODUCER OF THE SUBMITTED MATERIAL AND THAT NO THIRD PARTY OWNERSHIP RIGHTS EXIST TO THE VIDEO SUBMITTED. YOU RETAIN ALL OWNERSHIP RIGHTS THAT YOU HAVE IN YOUR VIDEO IF YOU HAVE CREATED YOUR VIDEO YOURSELF. HOWEVER, BY SUBMITTING THE VIDEO, YOU HEREBY GRANT TO THE COMPANY A PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE, NON-EXCLUSIVE, ROYALTY-FREE, SUB-LICENSABLE (THROUGH MULTIPLE TIERS) RIGHT AND LICENSE TO USE, PUBLISH, REPRODUCE, DISPLAY, PERFORM, ADAPT, MODIFY, DISTRIBUTE, HAVE DISTRIBUTED AND PROMOTE SUCH CONTENT IN ANY FORM (INCLUDING ANY TITLE OF THE VIDEO AND YOUR NAME AND LIKENESS), IN ALL MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER CREATED, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, FOR ANY PURPOSE. IN ADDITION TO GRANTING THE ABOVE LICENSE, THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO USE THE SUBMITTED VIDEO RECORDING FOR ANY COMMERCIAL USE AFTER IT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED.
Additionally, you agree to grant to the Company all rights to use any Video that you submit, and the image, likeness, voice, name and photograph in correlation with the Video in any publicity or advertising relating to the Video or the Company and the Contest, without compensation or approval (except where prohibited by law).
C. How to enter:
To enter, upload a video, in accordance with the entry guidelines set forth above, along with a completed entry form by one of the methods listed below to be officially entered in the contest.
-Log on kiisfm.com, keyword “breakout” and follow the steps to sign up by completing the WANGO TANGO BREAKOUT STAR online entry.
-Each contestant must fill out the profile and registration information completely, complete the online release, and upload their video to be considered for the voting phase or live showcases associated with the contest. Valid contest entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. Once the on line entry form and profile is complete and the video has been uploaded, the station will send a confirmation email confirming receipt of their materials. Once the confirmation email is received any additional band members must also complete a release before the entry is posted on the station’s website. The deadline for all online materials is Friday, March 20, 2009 at 12PM sharp.
Only one Contestant entry per band/ group. The Contest entrant will be the contact for the band/ group. Contestant must be the owner of the material submitted. No licensed materials accepted. Contestants may submit only one (1) video for the Contest and must reside within the Station’s Total Survey Area (“TSA”). For a complete definition of a TSA please visit www.arbitron.com/radio_stations/tsa_fa03.htm.
By providing the entry elements described above, and officially entering this contest, all individuals in the performance group agree to: allow KIIS FM to broadcast on-air and on-line all information provided for the purposes of promoting the contest, and accept and acknowledge the rules, regulations, restrictions and prize description “as is.”
D. Contest Procedures:
Beginning on February 23, 2009 all eligible entries will be posted on the Station’s website at www.kiisfm.com for viewing as soon as the entrant has met all entry requirements. Voting for two (2) “people’s Picks” Finalists will begin Monday, March 23, 2009 through Friday, April 17, 2009 at 5PM sharp.
Each week beginning March 23rd through April 18th, a panel of judges will select 5 contestants from those received to date, and invite them to compete in a live showcase. Showcase contestants will perform two songs, and will be judged on the content of their original material, performance skills, musicianship and crowd appeal. At each showcase, the impartial KIIS FM judges will select two (2) “Judges Picks” Finalists. After total of four (4) showcases, KIIS FM judges will select eight (8) Finalists.
Showcases will be free and open to the public, and held at the stage on Universal City Walk in Universal City. Dates (subjects to change) are:
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
A Total of ten (10) Finalists will be identified on April 21st on line at kiisfm.com – keyword “Breakout” for the final voting phase. Finals voting will commence on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 10AM through Friday, May 1, 2009 at 5PM sharp.
The winning performer/ group will be determined by the entry with the most online votes after the final round of voting, and will be announced on May 1st, 2009 on the air during JoJo on The Radio’s Show...
By participating in the voting portions of this Contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules.
Listeners can vote online at kiisfm.com – keyword “breakout” – and/or by texting “breakout” and the name of the band to 41027. One vote will be accepted per verifiable email address AND per cell phone number for each voting phase of the contest.
PHASE 1 ONLINE and TEXT VOTING. 10AM MONDAY, MARCH 23 – 5PM FRIDAY, APRIL 17, 2009. THE PUBLIC CAN VOTE ONLINE FROM ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES BY GOING TO KIISFM.COM, KEYWORD “BREAKOUT” AND COMPLETEING THE VOTING PROCESS AS DIRECTED. IN ADDITION TO THE ON LINE VOTE, LISTENERS CAN ALSO VOTE VIA TEXT BY TEXTING THE WORD “BREAKOUT” AND THE NAME OF THE BAND TO 41027. LISTENERS CAN VOTE BOTH WAYS, OR ONE WAY AT THEIR DESCRETION. STANDARD TEXT RATES APPLY. ONE ON LINE VOTE PER VERIFIABLE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL BE ACCEPTED, AND ONE TEXT VOTE PER CELL PHONE NUMBER WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS PHASE OF VOTING. THE TOP 2 BANDS WILL ADVANCE TO THE FINALS AND WILL BE MARKED AS THE “PEOPLE’S PICK FINALISTS.”
PHASE 2 ONLINE AND TEXT VOTING. 10AM TUESDAY, APRIL 21 – 5PM FRIDAY, MAY 1, 2009. THE PUBLIC CAN VOTE ONLINE FOR ELIGIBLE FINALISTS BY GOING TO KIISFM.COM, KEYWORD “BREAKOUT” AND COMPLETEING THE VOTING PROCESS AS DIRECTED. IN ADDITION TO THE ON LINE VOTE, LISTENERS CAN ALSO VOTE VIA TEXT BY TEXTING THE WORD “BREAKOUT” AND THE NAME OF THE BAND TO 41027. LISTENERS CAN VOTE BOTH WAYS, OR ONE WAY AT THEIR DESCRETION. STANDARD TEXT RATES APPLY. ONE ONLINE VOTE PER VERIFIABLE E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL BE ACCEPTED, AND ONE TEXT VOTE PER CELL PHONE NUMBER WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS PHASE OF VOTING... THE FINALISTS WITH THE MOST COMBINED TEXT AND ONLINE VOTES WILL BE THE “WANGO TANGO BREAKOUT STAR WINNER.
On line voting is limited to one vote per verified email address during each phase of the contest. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Company reserves the right to disqualify the contestant in its sole discretion.
If the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Company reserves the right to select a panel of judges to select the Your Big Break winner or finalists. All decisions of the judges are final.
During the four week Phase 1 Voting period, KIIS FM will select several (up to 5) entrants each week at it’s sole discretion and invite them to compete in a live Spring Break Breakout Showcase for a “Judges Pick” Finalist position. Two “Judges Pick” Finalists will be chosen each week at the live showcases, for a total of 8 “Judges Pick” Finalists. Locations and times are TBD. Dates are subject to change. Each contestant who accepts the invitation to perform at a Spring Break Breakout Showcase will perform at least one (1) original song in front of the live audience.
Contestants who participate in a showcase, and are not chosen as a “Judges Pick” Finalist, are still eligible for the voting for the chance to be named a “People’s Pick” Finalist. Spots in the showcases will be reserved on a first-response basis. A maximum of five (5) acts will perform per event depending on space and time. Performances are voluntary, and not necessary if a contestant is only interested in the voting portion of the contest. Refusing an invitation to compete in one of the local showcases does not affect the performers or bands’ standing in the voting portion of the contest. KIIS FM may or may not adjust performances or time limits at its sole discretion without warning.
KIIS FM and Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc. are not responsible for any costs incurred during taping, submission, transportation, and/ or performances.
The Grand Prize winner will be the finalist who receives the most online and text votes in the phase 2 FINALS. The winner will be announced Friday, May 1, 2009 with JoJo On The Radio.
2. Prizes The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
The winning performer or group will be awarded the opportunity to perform on the Village Stage at Wango Tango on Saturday, May 9, 2009 plus $10,000 cash. Total Prize Value: $10,000.
The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Winner(s) must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. All prizes or prize vouchers must be redeemed from the Station within 60 days of the contest end date unless stated otherwise in these official rules. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be legal U.S. residents at least 18-years old as determined by the Company and are legal residents of the Station’s Total Survey Area (TSA). Participants must have and be able to present official state ID to contest officials before the prize will be awarded. Only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household from any of the Company’s stations within any thirty (30) day period. Employees of the Company, the Greater Los Angeles Taco Bell Restaurant Owners Advertising Association, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. If a contest is a call in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the Contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted, or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the Contest. Participants using equipment not set up for toll free phone exchanges (800, 888, 877, 866, etc.) may experience call connection problems. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. For all contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, miss-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Entry forms in a register-to-win contest must be handwritten. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms are permitted.
5. Voting Contests. By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Company reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
6. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, video tapes and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
7. Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the Contest requires creative material from the participant/entrant, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the company or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the company is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the company and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting the company and the station a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
8. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
9. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserve the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or mail a written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope to the Station’s address, listed above. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned.
12. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.